Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!



Today is my birthday and just for fun I decided to write myself a letter following the letter I try to write for the kids.

Today I turn 45 and quite frankly I have no idea where the time went. It truly feels like yesterday that I was turning 25 and 20 years have passed in a blink of an eye. Of course I have been a bit busy in those 20 years having and raising children. I have been in what I refer to as "in the trenches" and with this birthday and my kids being 12, 10 & 8 life has gotten so much easier.
My favorite color is blue, any shade of blue but mostly the true blue. It has been blue for as long as I can remember. My passion is photography and take photos almost every day. It is what moves me. 
I spend most of my time doing "stuff" for the family like cooking and cleaning {ugh} but when I have free time I use it to edit my photos on my computer or talk with my friends. I would have to say my most very favorite thing to eat is the Oswego Roll at Sinju Sushi. I could have it almost every day and I could eat the whole roll myself, in fact I really don't like to share it.... but I will.
Over the past few years I have worked on being physically fit. I lost over 35 pounds a few years ago and continue to do my best keeping it off. I have noticed as I approach this birthday that my body has changed again and it is harder to keep in check.
When I turn into a couch potato I watch some of my favorite reality TV shows like Survivor, Big Brother, and Amazing Race or read a book {for my book club usually} or just spend time messing around on my computer playing a game.
This one is a bit funny to me but my bedroom decor hasn't changed since we moved into our house in 2003, it is denim blue, red and yellow. It might need an update soon.
Although this is a tough question for me to answer about myself I think my best characteristic I think is my loyalty to my friends. 
I am not exactly thrilled to be halfway to 90 but I do think there is some truth to life is better in your 40's. I believe I am making the most of life, trying not to get too caught up on the number besides since 4 is my favorite number I have decided not to age beyond 44. =D 
Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: