Monday, August 22, 2011

I have been challenged....

Three years ago I decided that I was going to put my mind to losing weight. I started out slow. I changed my eating habits, eating healthier, less, and not allowing myself to have seconds. I also started walking on the elliptical for 30 minutes each day. At first I was slow and almost couldn't finish but eventually I got stronger and continued to work harder and faster. Once I saw some results I decided to start doing sit-ups and after a couple of weeks I added arm exercises with weights. I committed to walking on the elliptical for 30 minutes each and every day and did keep that commitment for over 9 months. Every single day. I ended up losing over 35 pounds and decided that it had been such hard work that I wanted to keep it off and never have to go through that again. I have been doing very well but this summer as I approach my 45th birthday it has been sneaking up and up until today I realized I am up 7 pounds. I know it is a small amount but that is the point. Small amounts are doable. It has been more than 6 months since I have worked out and as I said to a friend "last year I had muscle, this year I have mush". So that same friend who wanted to start working out again challenged me to weigh in this morning and set a goal and start working out. I set a goal and this afternoon I walked 30 minutes on the elliptical and did 3 sets of 20 of different sit-up. It was hard, I am sore and am hoping I have the motivation to keep going.

No comments: