Tuesday, August 30, 2011

To Joey


To Joey,
Thank you for the year you gave our family. You brought us much laughter, love, and sloppy kisses. You were a pillow, a friend and an alarm clock for the kids.
Thank you, we will miss you greatly.
Love,
Your Family
xoxox




It has been an emotional weekend. Our 1-year old black lab, Joey, who has been featured in my photos quite a bit got sick on Thursday. He stared throwing up that morning and I took him to the vet several times over the next few days but truly never expected that we would lose him. I had to be up in Seattle on Monday and didn’t find out until late in the day that he was not going to recover. I drove home that night in a state of shock but now that I am home I keep getting reminded of just how empty the house and our life will be with out him.

I had a love hate relationship with that darn dog. More love really, but I didn’t want to get another dog when we lost our lab Ogee last year. I didn’t want the responsibility but I was overruled and the husband and kids brought him home. Before I knew it Joey got into my heart and now it is breaking. He treated the kids like littermates and I loved to watch him play with them. He will be missed more than I can really put words to. 


No comments: