Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Historical Election


We voted before we left for Disneyland {vote by mail is oh so convenient} and although we did not vote for Obama Terry and I watched Obama give his acceptance speech and were amazed by the historic moment happening in our lifetimes. I also thought about the "life lesson" I talked about with Ian last night with his teacher leaving so unexpectedly - Change is hard, but if you open your heart and mind to it you just might be amazed at what it has in store for you. I am still a bit nervous for what it might mean for my family if he gets both his tax and health care plan through {which looks like he should easily do with the Democrat majority in the House and Senate} however I believe he has a vision for our country as a whole and I will open my heart and mind to the change that he hopes to accomplish and look ahead to {on the bright side of things} to what might be in store for us as a family and our nation. Change is hard - but often times necessary.


"No matter how they cast their ballot, all Americans can be proud of the history that was made yesterday," Bush said today in a statement from the Rose Garden. Noting that Obama's election showcases "the triumph of the American story," Bush said, "This moment is especially uplifting for a generation of Americans who witnessed the struggle for civil rights with their own eyes -- and four decades later see [that] dream fulfilled." - President George Bush

No comments: