Thursday, May 16, 2013

Book club

We met last night to discuss our latest book The Art of Fielding by Chad Harback last night at my house. There were mixed reviews on the book, we as a group didn't necessarily hate the book and are glad we read it but none of us really loved the book and few of us would recommend the book.
Some would call the book a "guy's book" having to do with baseball but I would not. I actually think the book had a baseball theme but was more a book about relationships. Once again our book club is getting me to read books I would have never have picked up. Not a favorite book but glad to have my horizons expanded.

I decided to take the baseball theme and use it for our meeting and serve hotdogs but I didn't want to serve any kind of hotdog..... nope, I wanted to serve Chicago Dogs! Once I decided that, I researched what goes on one and where to find it but while researching found a sight called Flukys and they sell and ship original Chiago style hotdogs. So I ordered them and they were a HIT! Talk about one of the best tasting hot dogs EVER!
A Chiago dog starts with a poppy seed bun that has been steamed
The hot dog is pure beef and skinless and then yellow mustard {NO KATSUP!} onions, tomato wedges, a crunchy refrigerated Kosher style pickle spear, serrano peppers, and bright green sweet relish.





1 comment:

The Pink Princess said...

and it was SOOOO good! Such a fun night. Thank you for the extra effort! CW