Thursday, May 16, 2013

Photo Shoot

I had an exciting opportunity to be a part of a photo shoot for Alaska Airlines yesterday. I got a call from one of my supervisors last week asking me if I wanted to be a part of this special project and I was thrilled to be asked. I got up at 2:30 in the morning and flew on the 5:05am flight to Seattle and flew home at 5pm so needless to say although it was a fun and exciting day I was EXHAUSTED! 

The airplane was brand-spanking-new and had never flown a revenue flight. It was scheduled to go on-line later in the month however before we even left for the day those plans had changed and it's first flight was later that evening for the 6pm flight to Los Angeles. A brand new airplane smells like "new-car" smell. It was so clean and shinny too!





There were essentially two photo shoots going on at the same time. One in the main cabin and one in first class. There was another flight attendant there and they switched us between the two spots. I got to be a part of the shots with three different little kids and that was really fun. My favorite was one giving a little girl a pair of wings. I asked what these would be used for and was told that they would be used on the web site, print ads, and community events. It was amazing watching the technology they were using. As the photographer took a photo it was instantly sent to computers and iPads for other people to see what there were getting. Seriously amazing! 



Towards the end of the shoot I was standing outside the door of the airplane and was looking at the engine and I wondering if I could get anyone to help me tick off an item on my bucket list. I have always wanted a photo of me in an airplane engine and even after working for TWA for 13 years I have never been able to do it. I mentioned it to Tim {the other flight attendant} and he too wanted to do it and we managed to pull it off right before we left the hanger.



2 comments:

The Pink Princess said...

OMG!! You crack me up! The pic of you laying in the engine should be what they use!! What was the photo shoot for? Was it just you and Tim? How VIP of you!

suz said...

The picture of me in the engine was just Tim and I messing around after the shoot. Tim and I were the only flight attendants for the shoot but here were several people for the passengers.