Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tag your it!

There is a little thing called "tagging" and it works something like this. You are flying a trip and you either think your done for the day or you simply come through Seattle and you get a message to call crew scheduling where you hear the magic words "We have some additional flying for you today". 


So after 3 months of working I had never been tagged, practically unheard of. Everyone gets tagged at some point and some more than others. I understand it was a given that you KNEW you would be tagged up until right before I was hired so I count my blessings that today was the first day I was actually tagged. I found that I wouldn't even say it out loud for fear that it would happen to me.

I had got up at the crack of dawn, 3:45 East coast time for a 6:10 report van to the airport. It was a long flight and a super early day so I was unsuspecting as I arrived in Seattle thinking about the nap I was about to take at my crash pad when I checked my phone for a message from scheduling, not really expecting one but THERE IT WAS! 

When I called I found that I would be continuing on to DFW. It was a super long day, 12 hours and 17 minutes to be exact! AND I missed being paid double time for the next day by 13 minutes {what would have happened if I had a day that was 12 hours and 30 minutes} however, I got to fly with one of my classmates and the flight was really a great one. I worked the A position and made the announcements and worked in First Class which is one of my favorite positions.

All in all, I was quite exhausted from this block of days worked but it was an adventure to say the least.

No comments: