Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to me

I turned 44 this summer. I have such mixed feelings about it. On the one hand I am in the best shape I have been in a very long time and I appreciate it way more than I did in my 20's. I worked hard for it and I like the way it feels but on the other hand the signs of ageing are catching up with me. I'm grey {but you will never see it}, my eyes are going and I now need to read with readers much to my dismay and things are just not as firm as they were when I was younger. I think for the most part I am ok with 44. The thing that I have thought about a lot is the fact that my dad died at the very young age of 51. I knew it was young at the time but as I am a short 7 years away from that age it is so much more profound and on that point I am happy to be 44 and look forward to 54, 74 & even 94 and all the wrinkles, grey hair and poor eye sight that comes along with it ~ BRING IT ON is what I have to say about it.
A fantastic group of ladies gathered to help me celebrate my birthday
Aideen & Kim
Kim is giving me lessons on how to stand and look "hot" when being photographed
Jane, Aideen & Julie
Jane & Aideen
Jean & I
Cheryl & Liz

2 comments:

The Pink Princess said...

Looks like you had a great celebration! I was thinking about you! You are 44 and fabulous!

Scrapbook1 said...

Sorry I missed it! You just keep looking better with age! What's up with that? You need to share the water.