Monday, September 6, 2010

All Packed up and ready to go....

Its Back to School time
and the backpacks {and extra bags} are all packed up and ready for the first day of school. I think I am less ready for the schedules and homework and routines to start than they are but off we go for a big year at that.
Ian is entering middle school and moving upstairs with the bigger kids at Our Lady of the Lake. It is a big transition with a lot of responsibility but I think he can do it.
Sarah is heading into 4th grade and has a big year with the big projects that stand out in my mind is the book report where they dress up like the people they are reporting on and also the Oregon Trail. I am hoping for some independent study skills to emerge for her.
Emily is heading into 2nd grade and that is a big year just due to first reconciliation and first communion not to mention the big endangered species report she will have to do.

For me all of the big reports seem to happen around the same time as the auction {that I am in charge of this year ~ eek} which spreads me a bit thin but I am going to go into this year with a smile and a positive attitude. My kids are resilient, and they will do well. Eventually.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah!! Happy first day of school to you and the kids!! Auction again, huh? You are amazing.

The Pink Princess said...

Suz, I know if ANYONE can do it my friend it will be you! I am excited that now the kids are back in school we might have a sushi date soon! ;)

Scrapbook1 said...

Great pics! I never think to get shots like those? I was just shocked at how all the kids have changed over the summer.