Sunday, October 20, 2013

Joy.... in the simple things

How was I to know when I named this photo how true the sentence would be.

So after more than a year of not posting photos to Flickr I have made an effort to pick up my camera, take photos and post. I have enjoyed the creativity.

So, going back to when I posted every day, I would look to see if by chance one of my photos happened to just maybe get "Explored".
What dose it mean to be Explored? Well, the people of flicker call whatever it is that picks the top 500 most interesting photos "the donkey". We are never sure other than if a photo gets a bunch of likes and or comments on it might make it on the list but really it is a mystery.
If your photos makes the top 10 photos of the 500 it is referred to as "front page".
I have had 32 photos Explored with my first one coming a very long 6 month after I started posting on a daily basis. The Donky was very elusive to me but of this 32 photos I had one of my macro photos make the front page and I was beyond excited.
Now, back to my recent posts. I have been posting in both the Macro Monday's and We're Here! group using their themes to inspire me. I have loved having the camera in hand again. I have felt a bit rusty that is for sure and was shocked to say the least when someone commented that my "candle" photo had been explored. Huh?
Imagine my surprise when my nest photo for We're Here! was ALSO Explored. Double Huh? And then this photo, my 3rd for the group was also Explored.... and I was SHOCKED.
This photo was taken in a rush and I had to quit taking photos and go pick up the girls so I had to make due with what I found in the camera. I ended up liking this one although the focus isn't as sharp as I would like I loved the floating leaves and in the end the theme was "childhood memories" and that was playing in the leaves.
I decided to check to see if my last photo managed to get explored and to my surprise it had and while checking on it I also found that this photo has made it all the way to the 14th photo with over 22000 views.
Needles to say I am shocked and excited and I know this "explore" run will end it sure has been exciting and made picking up my camera even more fun.

It's been the "Joy in the simple things"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I should post more photos!

Unknown said...

I should post more photos!