Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Late Night Musing

I can't sleep and was looking through some Facebook posts and ran across a comment of a friend of mine on a heart baby. She is struggling and after over 4 month of fighting it is looking like she is losing the battle. I spent hours reading her parents blog and Facebook page and getting familiar with Zoe's life and struggle. I spent quite a bit of that time crying. Losses can not be compared and really the only thing we, this other mom and I, have in common is the fact that we both had heart babies and if her cute little baby Zoe loses her battle then we both will have lost our precious babies. 

Can't sleep and was looking through old photos and wanted to share one of my favorites of Matthew. This was the day we took him home after more than a month in the hospital. It's hard to believe it was 15 years ago.


After spending all that time with Zoe I got Matthews photo album out and spent a little time going though his photos and crying a bit more. 
This was one of my very favorite photos of Matthew, him only 1 month old and smiling at me and looking at me so intently. I miss my baby boy who would be 15 this year. At this point most days are better than not but it is sill amazing that after all this time my heart aches for Matthew. I can't help but wonder about all the things he would have been. 

I miss you baby Matthew. Forever & Always. Thank you for gracing our lives even if for such a short time. Love you baby boy. 
To the Moon & Back
love,
mom

No comments: