Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow Day Fun

The kids all got out of their uniforms and got into their snow clothes to make the most of this unexpected snow day. They attempted to sled down the most awesome sledding hill but the snow is a bit to fluffy and they couldn't get much speed going. We are going to revisit the sledding hill maybe later.
Sarah got to work making her own snowman and spent quite a bit of time out there even after everyone else came in getting it just right.
I lent Ian my boots so I didn't have the right shoes so didn't stay out in the snow except for short moments
I'm not really sure what Ian was building but he was having a good time doing it!
Emily on the other hand was making a dragon
the beginning of the snow man
Olive LOVED playing in the snow. She chased snowballs and ran around in circles and insisted being in the snow as long as the kids were. Emily even spent some time throwing a tennis ball and Olive would leap through the snow to get it. Em even buried it for Olive to play hide and seek. Such a fun day. SO glad I made the decision to NOT go to school today. From what I understand they have no snow in Lake Oswego, only rain.
Em came in and asked for hot chocolate..... her favorite part of playing in the snow. We didn't have any marshmallows BUT we had whipped cream so I think she was quite happy.

No comments: