Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cranes for Japan

Sharing a photo and a post from my flickr sight


Oscar Wilde – The World is divided into classes, those who believe the incredible, and those who do the improbable.

I first heard of the project 100,000 Cranes = 200,000 Dollars from my flickr contact Roni. You should check out her stream because not only does she have a huge heart {which comes across in her photography} she is quite talented. It is worth the look. So, not only was Roni selling some of her photos in card form to donate the profits to Japan {I have mine and they are so very lovely} her son was making these cranes for the Paper Cranes for Japan – Students rebuild project. My daughter Sarah loves to make cranes so I told her about it and she got right to work. He goal is to make 50 of them {I photographed the first few}. Not only does she have to make them, she has to photograph them, upload them to the sight and give each crane a message of hope. Once that is done we will send for the box and mail all 50 of her cranes to Students rebuild. She has made about 20 or so cranes and photographed them {I will be posting some of her work soon} and she took some good photos too. It was so fun working with her, showing her how to use my camera. We now have to spend a little more time together uploading and writing messages. What a wonderful project to work on with her and such a lesson in giving back, for both of us.

No comments: