Thursday, May 20, 2010

Piano Recital

May 2010
another catch up blog - posting for my Sunday post =D

I love, love, love that my kids take the piano. Some days they even willingly practice the piano ;) and other days, well not so much. Either way the year ends with a fantastic recital put on my their teacher Mrs. Zeigler at the school with the other 20 something kids each playing a piece that she picks out for them. Emily told both her teacher and I that she was not going to play in the recital this year and knowing her personality I decided not to push her and asked her to practice a piece that her teacher picked out and if when it got closer she really really didn't want to perform then she did not have to. On her teachers part she chose something very simple for her to play {a scale C, D, E, F, G, G, F, E, D, C} and she ended up being fine with it and willing to play it that night in front of everyone.
Ian played my favorite piece he has ever played at this point, Persian Market which he struggled with but finally got and played so well and Sarah played A little Night Music beautifully as well.

1 comment:

The Pink Princess said...

So love that they have a recital! That is good for them!