Saturday, October 24, 2009

Homemade Halloween

Last year on a whim I made Sarah's Halloween costume {a black widow} and she ended up winning the costume contest at school and thus started her desire for me to make her costume this year. I can't read a sewing pattern so a costume that required a pattern was out of the question so our search began with those parameters. I came across the Family Fun magazine and found some really cute costumes and Sarah really liked the jellyfish ~ so a jellyfish it was.

from this to........ jellyfish

The costume required no sewing, just fabric, ribbon, bubble wrap, and hot glue.

Now, I am off to make Emily's costume. She is going to be a Mermaid, from the same magazine.

1 comment:

Tara Edwards said...

Ours came from a website, and I'm totally jealous of Sara's costume. So cute.