Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Never A Dull Moment
I had to take my mom to the hospital Sunday night. She has asthma, along with self induced emphysema from years of smoking (she stopped 10 years ago) and occasionally gets to a point that she can't breath very well and none of the medicine that she has at home helps so off to the hospital we go. She had a bad night the night before and called me to let me know that she didn't think she would make it through the night again and would I take her to the E.R. By the time I got her there her oxygen level was 74 (much too low) so they admitted her and kept her for two days. I picked her up today and they sent her home with oxygen (for her to use at night). Apparently her oxygen level is only in the upper 80's while on room air. So, what do you think she would do upon being released from the hospital (and needing oxygen at night)? If you thought rest you are wrong. Three hours after she got home from the hospital she was off to work. She is amazing in so many ways.
Labels:
Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh man Susannah! You have an amazing ability to stay busy while keeping your calm! Life is never boring is it!?
Wow! We all need perspective in our lives and your mother gives that to me!
Post a Comment