Sunday, February 10, 2008

Swimming

Ian is 5th one over from the right in the first row

This has been a season of learning. We learned (I say we because I didn't know much about swimming) that you get disqualified (aka DQ) while swimming the breaststroke if you don't touch the wall with two hands and you can get DQ'ed doing the backstroke if you do the wrong kick. Both of these were hard learned because Ian did get DQ's a few times and it was disappointing but once he found out why he did his best to not repeat the mistake. 

Ian placed in a few races and it was exciting for him to get the ribbons. Next year he moves up and will be swimming with the 4th, 5th and 6th graders so it will be a much tougher year but he said he is up for it. I love that he keeps on trying even with the disappointments and this summer (summer swim lessons) he is ready to focus on learning his strokes better and attempting to "swim fast" (the motto for the team).


No comments: