Thursday, November 29, 2007

My book clubs next read


We had book club at Aimee's house last night and discussed The Alchemist. The overall consensus was it was an OK book, glad we read it but not a favorite. We picked our next book which is our traditional Christmas themed book and the next time we meet we will have our ornament exchange. I love being a part of this book club, I enjoy the diversity of opinions, I love the women, and I love that it sometimes forces me to read things I might not pick up on my own.

4 comments:

Tara Edwards said...

I think it would be silly to make my first book club back one that involved the christmas ornament exchange, but I would love to crash your party for the next book. Would that be OK?

suz said...

We would love to have you back, especially for the ornament exchange! Don't be silly.

k. said...

I read The Alchemist a few years ago. A good friend had told me that it would "change my life". Uhm... not quite. But it was okay. At least I can say I've read it (and that year, EVERYONE was asking if I had).

Tara Edwards said...

I'm thinking this is kind of fun that I'm getting to know more about what's going on with you than ever before AND my sister is in on the fun :)