
The other day I was in car line at my kids school and I was cleaning out all the endless trash that they seam to leave in the car when someone next to me heard my music and said "The beat of your music sounds great what CD are you playing?" When I told them that it was XM Holly her reply was "Oh, your that kind." It didn't really sink in until later. I think she was saying I was the kind of person who listens to Christmas music all day on my radio from Thanksgiving until Christmas and if that is what she meant then she is right, I am "that kind of person" and proud of it! I LOVE Christmas music and have since I was a kid irritating my siblings by playing Christmas records (no CD's when I was a kid) all summer long. They couldn't take it and would yell at me to play something else. And in December I would convince my brother Mickey (and sometimes convince my sister Gerri) to dress up as angles and go Christmas caroling. Did I say I love Christmas music? As an adult I show some restraint and wait until Thanksgiving is over (and sometimes it is hard to do because they start playing all day Christmas music about a week before). The funny thing about it is that my kids rule the dial for our music choices and when they are in the car we listen to XM kids (we just love Kenny Curtis and the animal farm in the morning) or XM Disney. Only when I am alone do I get the chance to change the channel to 70's, 80's or easy listening but most times even after the kids have gotten out of the car I am embarrassed to say I forget to change the music channel and go about my marry way singing kids songs. However, the day after Thanksgiving (I had them dialed in the week before I just didn't listen to them yet) I change the music channels to one of the four Christmas channels they have, usually XM Holly. Here is the funny thing, my kids never say anything about it and sing along to the Christmas songs right with me. The first time I realized that there was a station that played nothing but Christmas music was the year Matthew died and I wasn't much in the Christmas spirit (we didn't put up a tree or any other decorations) but I found this station that was playing Christmas music and somehow it brought me peace. Terry happened to find a station with Christmas music that year also, It was all we could muster that year but it felt good. So, yeah, I am that kind of person, and darn proud of it. I love this time of year and I love the way the music still brings me peace and makes my heart happy. Merry Christmas - and turn on a little music and sing your heart out!
No comments:
Post a Comment