Saturday, March 8, 2008
Travel Snob
So, I had my first bad thoughts about a family traveling together while I am traveling all alone (I know, how could I) but as I walked down the isle of my Alaska Airlines Flight and saw that there was a family of four sitting in the three seats behind me (one lap child) I got my first taste of what people must of thought of my family when we traveled together. My kids are older and so much better behaved (yeah, right) these days but I couldn't help but think that my hour and a half of peace was not going to materialize as I had hoped for even though I am not that far out from being in that families shoes (lap child and small children who are hard to keep confined). I am sitting in front of the (large) (sorry) Dad and so far he has bummed my seat half a dozen times but at least I won't have the 2 year olds feet in my back. It is kind of funny though as I listen to them complain about the 'rules' the Flight Attendant is imposing on them and listen to the mom discipline the 2 year old with some exasperation. In the end it turned out to not be so bad, just a little bit of crying and some kicking of the seat but lucky me I had my whole row to myself so it didn't end of bothering me after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment