Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A New Member (sadly)

Terry told me on Monday night that their receptionist, Megan, had lost her baby (a girl) during delivery. It was some kind of cord accident. I don't spend enough time at Terry's office to really know Megan (I don't know if this is her first child but I think it is) but I have not been able to stop thinking of her. I don't know her well enough to call her and cry with her. My heart aches to think of the fog she is in (that will last longer than is 'acceptable' grieving time). I want to offer to listen (if she wants to talk) but I know that we all grieve differently and some of us talk about it and some of us can't. I have no idea where Megan will fall. Every night when Terry comes home I ask questions, "Is Megan still in the hospital?" (difficult to be in the maternity ward with no baby), "Was the baby a girl or boy?" (girl, he thinks), "How is she doing?" (he doesn't know, but I have an idea). I think (hope and pray) that she has her faith to get her through this difficult time and I would love to pass along my favorite Bible verse but Im not sure how it would be received. Even though I have gone through this myself (maybe because of) I am holding back. Im not sure she is ready to realize the new 'club' she has joined - Mother's who have lost children. There are more of us out there than we realize and sadly we have a new member.

No comments: