
My book club finally met to discuss A Prayer for Owen Meany tonight and I can't be more thrilled to be done with a book. OK, so Im not actually done with the book (I have about 100 pages left) but I am done with the book! Boy, was that one tough book to read. I can't say that I hated the book but Im not sure I really liked the book either. My biggest complaint is that it took about 300 pages to get interesting and to 'start' getting to the point!
We met at Charlot's house and she fed us a variety of great food and the conversation was good (as always) even though we were missing a few people and that of those of us that were there only two of us finished the book. As much as I was struggling to finish this book I was sure I was going to shelf it when I returned from book club tonight, however talking with Patricia and Angela (the two who finished the book) about the ending I am now more intrigued than ever to finish the book (and move on to our next, much easier read).
No comments:
Post a Comment