Friday, March 14, 2008

Opening my ears and my heart

The Lord remembers his covenant for ever. (Ps. 105)
Lord Jesus, we want to remain faithful to living a holy life. However, when interacting with family members, friends and co-workers, it is not always an easy task to live in holiness. Help us to be able to respond with an open heart when we find ourselves in less than comfortable situations. We ask this in your name. Amen.

So, things have been a little 'less than comfortable' with some of the people I am working (volunteering) with currently and the prayer that I receive daily via email spoke to me today. So much so that I forwarded it to everyone on the group email (I hope they don't find me presumptions) all 13 of them. I tried to ignore it but even a movie meant for children (Horton) spoke to me. Horton reached out to the 'mean' Kangaroo who did everything she could to stop him. He saw that she was sad and he reached out gave her a cookie. OK, so it doesn't sound like much but I am telling you I feel like everywhere around me are messages that are telling me something so I went out on a limb and sent a cookie, I mean an email (with a prayer). I hope they get what I am trying to say.

1 comment:

Tara Edwards said...

Isn't it nice when God works like that. Sometimes it seams like he is hitting us over the head with a message. I guess it must be important!