Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Great Day on the Mountain


We had a GREAT day on the mountain! 


Getting on the mountain was difficult, gathering 5 pair of boots, sock, gloves, and coats together (and still having them when we got to the mountain) and getting out the door not to mention getting out of the car, through the parking lot and on the mountain, WHEW! There was some definite grumpiness going around (not just the kids either :) but once we got there the day just got better and better. We couldn't have asked for a better day of skiing!
On his way to buy our tickets Terry found $26 in the snow, then when he went to purchase the lift tickets the computers were out so they gave us free lift tickets and if that wasn't enough at lunch time when I went to see Emily after asking me to pay they changed their mind and ended up giving her an all day lesson (with lunch included) for free! So I wasn't kidding when I said we couldn't have asked for a better day of skiing!

Emily didn't love skiing all of the time (they had to call me twice) but while I was there after lunch I witnessed her skiing quite well and quite happy with herself for doing it. 


I couldn't figure out how to get the video flipped, but here it is anyway.


Terry and I skied with Ian and Sarah instead of putting them in lessons and they both did quite well. Ian is such a daredevil, going as fast as he can and looking for anything that he can ski over that he can "get air" on. Sarah is a little more cautious and still learning to turn better and to slow down but really got a lot better by the end of the day. It was so much fun to ski with the kids and I am sure before long they will be out skiing us both.

No comments: