Sunday, February 10, 2008

Exploring

Ian and Sarah had play dates over and it was such a nice day the kids decided to go on a hike to the "junk yard" (the neighbors property that dose have an area that has lot of junk). When Emily decided to go too that meant that I had to go. I found them packing their snacks, each child picking out what they wanted and putting them in plastic baggies and then putting the baggies in a backpack that Ian carried. It was funny because we were walking all of about a quarter of a mile, but they were prepared. Since Ian and Jackson had been the instigators of the hike (they had already been there once already) they couldn't wait to show me the view from the top of a rock pile and other interesting things that they had found. We ended up "hiking" and investigating for about an hour and even got into a discussion if some "scat" belonged to a deer or a rabbit. 

1 comment:

Tara Edwards said...

I love exploring, but sometimes I find the day slipping by with laundry and cleaning up after little hands that are always so busy. Great idea!