Sunday, January 13, 2008

This week I am grateful for.........

This is turning out to be much harder than I anticipated. Last night I was racking my brain for what I was thankful for the past week, which is sad to begin with because I have SO much to be thankful for. For some reason not a whole lot was coming to mind. Of course I am thankful for my children (and it seams the easy pick) however, none of them did anything out of the ordinary that stood out in my mind. Ditto on the husband. So I racked my brain some more and I found that I truly was thankful for the patch of sun we had the other day. As I was driving and noticed that it was a little bit sunny I thought "I wish I had my camera to photograph the sunshine" but "life" took over and it turned out to be a fleeting thought. Turns out I really was grateful for that bit of sun no matter how small because today - DOWNPOUR and if it wasn't raining it was gray. So, back to my problem of what I am grateful for for the last week. I could just say the sunshine we had the other day and be done with it but the challenge was 52 weeks of gratefulness in photos and I didn't take a picture of the sunshine and today, well no such sun.
Think Think Think
Well, hear it goes. My cup of coffee (not just any coffee but my latte) that I have every morning. Yes, every morning. Yum! And there is no better latte that the one I make myself. That is what I am grateful this week.



I know it seams shallow, but hopefully as the weeks move on I will get the hang of this and figuring out what I am grateful for will come much more easily

3 comments:

k. said...

Okay, I totally need to do this. Talk about what I'm grateful for. Even if it's just something warm in the morning (I love blueberry herbal tea w. honey). :)

suz said...

I hope you decide to so it. I find that I am thinking more often of what I am grateful for. It is more present in my brain.

Tara Edwards said...

I know some people who do this every DAY! Ahhh! I'm sometimes thankful that nobody came by to see my messy house or the fact that I haven't actually worn makup for a week! Does that count!