
The other night I went out with some girlfriends to celebrate one of their birthdays. The plan was to meet at Manzana's for drinks and then head over to Five Spice for dinner. I was the first to arrive (my compulsion for being on time once again) and walked around the bar and settled on two bar stools at the bar and directly next to the station where the waitress give the bartender their orders. The bartender acknowledged me and asked me what I would like. Sticking to one of my New Years resolutions (shed that 15 lbs. once again which I have a darn good start on I might add) I ordered a glass of water and a diet coke. As he put the napkin down at my spot he hesitated and asked "You are over 21, right?" I laughed and said I was a lot older than 21 and he said "You couldn't be much older than I am" I laughed again but loving every minute I took another look at him and said to the VERY young waitress who was barely legal to serve drinks standing next to me listening to the whole interaction "He is in his 30's right". The whole time the waitress is looking at me and looking at him and finally the bartender said "OK, I give. How old are you?". I told him I was 41 and he was shocked and said he thought I was only in my early 30's. I laughed out loud and said to the waitress "I think he needs glasses" She laughed and said "Ya, I didn't know what he was talking about". I can't wait tell she is 41 and someone pops her bubble.
2 comments:
I've had two times when people asked if I was younger than I am and I'll never forget them. Just forget about the dumb little waitress and focus on the obviously intelegent bartender who is much more observant.
LOL, intelgent bartender who know how to butter someone up for a good tip! The very young (dumb) waitress will grow older and learn!
Post a Comment