Thursday, January 17, 2008
Misunderstandings
Let me just say that it sucks volunteering sometimes! I am Co-Chairing the Auction this year (and next) but apparently I am not very good at being a leader. I don't have the "right tone" when expressing my urgency for a meeting and now I may have altered a friendship, maybe forever. My stomach is upset, to say the least. I don't think it was entirely my fault but I don't think that matters (who's fault). Communication is hard, people don't always say what they mean and others can't read between the lines. The good thing about the past day's turmoil - when the chips were down I saw who my true friends were. One of them I knew I could count on (we are in each others inner circle so to speek) and the other, well I had no idea that she would stick up for me. If feels good to have friends who have your back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment