Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am Woman Hear Me Roar

                                      
This morning as we were getting ready to head out the door for school I went to start the car to warm it up for the kids and turned the key.... click, click, click.....nothing. My battery was dead. Very calmly I got my cell phone called my friend Cheryl to find out if she had passed my house 
yet, she had but said she wasn't far and would turn around and get my kids off to school. Terry had the truck at the airport and I couldn't drive his car (it is only a 2 seater) so I called my mom and asked her if she had jumper cables. I initially thought I would use Terry's car to jump mine because it was parked in the garage next to mine but when I opened the hoods of both cars I found that our battery's were on opposite sides. I decided to push m car out of the garage and use my moms car. It was surprisingly easy to move although there was a scary moment when I wasn't sure I was going to be able to fit between the car and the garage to hop in the car and step on the break before I hit my mom's car. Luckily no mishap there. I had my mom turn off her car (because I was nervous about putting the cables on) and double checked that I had the plus on the positive post and the minus on the negative post and then had her turn on her car and then (after I told her to step back just in case) I started my car. Yahoo! It started right up and not a single mishap. yeah me! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU did GREAT.......but I knew you would.
I was happy to hear it start right up......big smiles on us both