Saturday, December 29, 2007

Reading In-between



I finished "The Glass Castle" (my book clubs next read) in just two days. I read well into the night one night, I got hooked and wanted to know what was going to happen to the kids and just couldn't put it down. I look forward to discussing this book with my book club when we meet in January and starting the next book (A Prayer for Owen Meany) but I don't want to start it too soon or I won't remember the details when when we meet to chat about it. I have a cabinet full of books I want to read. There are about 20 (at least) of them, I either picked them up hoping to convince my book club to read them or I just knew I was interested in the book and would read it some day. I am in a reading mode right now and as soon as I put down The Glass Castle I wanted to pick up another book to read. I headed to my "book" cabinet and browsed my personal book store and "Lost & Found" caught my eye. I admit it was the picture of the very cute dog on the front that convinced me to pick up this book at the store and the fact that I had just finished "Marley & Me" (Grogan) which I loved and had left me all warm and fuzzy over dogs. I hope the cute dog delivers a good story in this book too.

1 comment:

Tara Edwards said...

We could have a blog book club :) Could Twilight be our first discussion? Kathryn is reading it right now! I'm going to the store today to buy The Glass Castle so I can tag along with you if that's OK!