Oh, so much but at the top of my list I am thankful for my wonderful family (Terry, Ian, Sarah & Emily) and my extended family who joined us for dinner (Mom, Gerri, James, AJ & Jared) for the food that we ate (even though the turkey wasn't done when the meat thermometer said it should be) and for the friends who joined us for dinner (Michelle, Andrew, Julia, Sarah & Luca).
I started the day by joining a group of ladies who walk or run (I walked) around the lake on Thanksgiving morning (it's called the Turkey Trot). Lucky for me Jane was willing to go slow and another mom walked at my pace but I brought up the rear and it was a blow to my ego. It was about a 6 or 7 mile walk and it felt great to accomplish it, so good in fact I treated myself to an eggnog latte. After I got home the rest of the family headed out for their own adventure hike on the property next to ours. This is a picture of them all bundled up against the cold. Terry came back with just Emily a little while later (she was cold and wanted to go home and the other kids wanted to keep exploring) and then went back for Ian and Sarah with his tractor. When I looked out the window I saw Sarah next to Terry in the seat and Ian in the bucket of the tractor (sheezeeee! That boy scares me sometimes, or is it the husband???)
My table decorated for Thanksgiving
Once everyone left I looked over the adds in the paper for Black Friday and called Chantal to plan our shopping trip. I believe this is the fifth year we have been doing this and only one of the years Chantal was out of town and not able to go with me. When I tell people that I am going shopping at the crack of dawn (really it is the middle of he night because we are shopping hours before the sun comes up) they think I am crazy but Chantal and I have fun. We go knowing that it is going to be crazy and crowded and we go anyway ready to concur our Christmas shopping list, if not the crowds, and have fun while doing it. In years past after this marathon shopping trip I would almost be done with all of the shopping but this year either the adds didn't mach my needs or I just didn't know what I needed, either way we still had fun, consumed at least 3 coffees each, shopped till we dropped (almost literally), had lunch and spent some time together. Probably, my best purchase was for my mom (which can't be mentioned because she reads this occasionally. The store I was going to started giving out tickets to the people in line at 3 am and then opened at 5 am. I thought it was a bit early so planned on being there at a more reasonable time but our cat was meowing (quite loudly) at 2:20 am and woke me up so off I went. I was at the store by 2:45 and the line wrapped around the building much to my surprise (there were many crazy people up at this hour). It was 34 degrees out side and I was dressed warm enough on the top but my legs were freezing and if it hadn't been for the very nice couple behind me keeping me company I would have left. Even though I was a few hundred people back (seriously, people were sleeping on cots in sleeping bags and we heard an employee say the first person in line was there at 9am on Thanksgiving morning) I got what I came for and cant wait to give it to mom on Christmas morning.
3 comments:
It was cold wasn't it!? And your table was beautiful. We had to turn our sort of diagonal to fit everyone. Perhaps if we end up being neighbors someday I'll have a dining room that can fit everyone.
Yes, very cold! I would love it if one day we did become neighbors. At least for now we had the blogs. I feel like I am keeping in touch with you more and I love it! Thanks again for this!
YEAH I do read your blog.......so I know you bought my present, but have NO CLUE as to what it might be. AND really I am glad you didn't put it in here because I enjoy being suprised.
Post a Comment