Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ready, Set............ Decorate!

And so the Holidays begin! It feels like a race this year even though Thanksgiving was a week earlier. I have scheduled a much needed knee surgery on December 6th and I am racing to get everything done before then. It is a lot of work but once it is done I really enjoy it so much. I started bringing things up from the basement the day after Thanksgiving and Terry gave me a hand carrying all the boxes. When we were done getting the boxes up (there are more than I can count in my head) Terry said "That's a lot of work" to which I replied "Yes, I know. I do it twice a year every year". I bring them up, decorate, then take down the empty boxes. Then after Christmas I bring up the empty boxed, undecorated, and then take the full boxes back down. It truly is a lot of work and I really appreciate Terry's help this year but I would do it every year anyway. I love the way our house looks with all the lights and greenery and honestly when I take the decorations down it takes a while to get used to it, the house looks empty without the festive decorations and the best reason of all, The kids LOVE it too!

From this mess............to

this



I still have to take all the boxes back to the basement and do a few more things but I am almost done. Oh yeah, we still need to get our tree!

No comments: