quag mire (kwag'mir')
noun
1. wet, boggy ground, yielding under the foot
2. a difficult or inextricable position
Terry got himself into quite a quagmire. Trying to move something to the low spot on our property. He got the tractor stuck and he worked over 3 hours digging in the mud before giving up for the night. Today he went back out there and attempted to get it 'un-stuck' and I just had to get a closer look. He had boards under the tires to help with traction and had to dig little valleys behind the big back tires to help direct them where he wanted them to go. He had even attempted to use the truck to pull it out but even the truck slipped all over the place. When I got out there the worst part was over - he had already gotten the tractor out half way. I helped a little {morning a board or two} but mostly I took pictures. In the end he was successful in getting it out.
Success!
1 comment:
Yuck!
Post a Comment