Monday, January 28, 2008

Macro Lens

Terry gave me a macro lens when he gave me my digital camera a few years ago and I played with it a bit but I never felt like I mastered it. This morning when I saw the snowflakes on all the plants I decided to give it a try once again. I still feel a little frustrated with it. The lens has a fixed focal length that moves in and out depending how far away I am from my subject and I think that is what has me the most perplexed. I couldn't seem to get as close as I wanted to my subject. I really wanted to photograph the snowflake but couldn't get the lens to focus that close.



I only got these pictures of the snowflakes because I cropped the original photos.


1 comment:

Tara Edwards said...

How fun! Way to above my head, and I would love a new lense, or two, but you did a great job of catching the snowflakes!