Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Funny, Funny, boy.

This week is National Catholic School week and everyday there is something fun that the kids get to do to honor Catholic schools and Wednesday is always the family picnic day at our school. The kids (and families) go into the church a half and hour before mass where an alumni is honored then we participate in mass and after the mass everyone has a family picnic. Each place has been saved by a table cloth or blanket either at or before drop off time in the morning. Some people go very fancy (table cloth, flowers & chocolates scattered all over the table) others go very casual (Mc Donalds or PB & J). I go the casual way for sure and my kids don't seem to mind. After the picnic the kids get to take you on a tour around the school and visit their classrooms (as if I don't know every inch of that school already) and this year the 3rd graders had letters on their desk waiting for their parents to thank them for sending them to Catholic School, here is Ian's.

                                                   
My favorite part... "and so on and so on". Ian always makes me laugh!
 
                                   
He also drew a picture of the school, our blue van, us and of course the Oregon rain.



4 comments:

Joanna said...

So cute! They are so lucky to have such great parents!! Love your posts!

Tara Edwards said...

I think I like the rain the most. It's funny how our kids are just so used to all the rain that it sneaks into their art. Rain Rain go away in my opinion!

Tara Edwards said...

And by the way.... I love that most of the time that I post, my sisters have posted before me! I think we should have a girls weekend sometime!

suz said...

I would love it!