A few months ago Emily decided that she didn't want to sleep alone anymore. It made bed time very difficult to say the least. She makes a million excuses for not going to bed and gets up over and over again finally deciding that she wants to sleep in my bed. I usually end up letting her just to get her to sleep (the third child gets away with so much more). She tried to sleep with Sarah a few times but she always kept her up and inevitably Sarah would ask me to put her back in her own room. While we have been on Christmas break from school Ian has started reading bed time stories to Emily and for a few nights she even slept in her own bed but a few nights ago I went to check on everyone before going to bed myself and I found Emily sleeping in bed with Ian - where she ended up sleeping the whole night. They were in the top bunk and there was no way I could move Em. Not only where they sleeping together Ian had his arm around her. I found out later that they were also both willing to accommodate each other - Em is afraid of the dark and likes the light on, Ian loves it dark so much so that he sleeps with his blanket over his head at times. Ian had been willing to sleep with the light on and Em was willing to let Ian turn the light off. I guess she felt safe in the presence of her big brother and she was brave enough to let him turn the lights off. I love these moments when they get past annoying each other and take the time to show each other that they love one another. Of course, the moments are fleeting but luck for me I get to see them now and then.
No comments:
Post a Comment