When Ian got home we got everyone dressed up warm (it was cold enough to snow, but not stick) and headed out to get our tree. In years past we used to go to a tree farm and cut down own tree. We would make a day of it but when we moved into our house we had this area near our stairs that just called for a VERY tall tree and it is difficult to find a tree farm that has very tall trees that you can cut down yourself. About three years ago we found this tree lot that specialized in Noble fir trees(my very favorite and only kind I like as a Christmas tree) from 2 feet up to 40 feet so our tree trip takes us all of about 30 to 40 minutes these days. When we got there we found a tree right away, a BIG one, but needed to look around just to be sure.
I left Terry putting the lights on the tree while I took Sarah to a girl scout event called Trefoil. I was able to say for about 40 minutes then I had to rush home and pick up Ian and Connor T and take them to swim practice (they had to go because it was picture day). My friend Aideen then brought Sarah to me at the pool and after the boys were done I headed to the Thorstenson's to drop off the boys and take Molly for a sleep over and ended up calling Terry to bring Emily over and we all had pizza for dinner. We were home by 9:30 and we packed all that into a day. Whew, what a day.
1 comment:
That is a great tree! I think next year we will be doing a real one. I'd like one that was tall and pretty and smelly!
Post a Comment