Friday, December 21, 2007

The Nutcracker


This was our second annual trip to the Nutcracker. This year we didn't go to tea or take a limo downtown but it was still fun to be part of a tradition so special. I love that I get to do this with Sarah (next year Em will join us) and that she REALLY enjoys going and enjoys watching the ballet. Last year I bought her a child's version of the book and read it to her a few times and I also got her a CD of the music so it was familuar to her. It was exciting for me to see that she recognized it and enjoyed the story behind it even though there is not a word spoken in the 2 hours of the ballet. Her favorite part of the ballet was Mother Ginger where the little kids (gingerbread children) come out of her skirt and dance around and then go back under the skirt and then off the stage. I have to admit that I like that part also but my favorite comes right after that are the dancing flowers because of the way they are dressed (they remind me of what you think a balerina would look like) and because of all the toe work they do in their dance. Even more fun this year was one of Sarah's classmates was in the ballet this year. She played one of the angels and they where blond wigs so it was hard to tell which one she was but it was fun knowing she was in it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a good tradition to start! I hadn't been since I was a little girl, and I went this year. It's beautiful!

Tara Edwards said...

Oh I think Ellie would love that! I'll have to add that to a list of things to do,