Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"Burning down the house....."


Brad and Angela bought some property down the road from us with a house that was currently on it but was old. The previous owners had tried to remodel it but it really was the "bones" of the house that needed to be changed so they donated it to the fire department for them to use as a training burn. Today was the big day and Angela called me to remind me so I rearranged my schedule (Sarah didn't really need to go to gymnastics did she?) and drove over to witness it. It was quite a sight. My mom brought Emily over to look at it and the first thing she asked was "did they get everyone out". Once I explained that this was a training exercise for the firemen the next thing she said was "our house wont burn down because it is too hard". At four years old your world it cut and dry, it either is or it isn't so of course I confirmed that our house is too hard.
So here are some of the best photos.








1 comment:

Tara Edwards said...

Yeah, I don't think I would take my kids to that. They would think it was a fun idea :)