Friday, December 21, 2007

Boy talk


On the way home from school today I had a friend of Ian's in the car and I was privy to some nine year old "boy talk". They were chatting about girls (GIRLS!!!) and in the front seat of the car I got to be the proverbial fly on the wall. I found out that they both like girls, Ian likes a girl named Kali and Connor likes Annie.
The conversation was very funny and I can't remember it all but here are some of the highlights. After I told the boys that they were going to have a sitter and I wanted them on their best behavior Connor asked if the babysitter was hot and Ian said that if it was Nikki she was. "She has blond hair and blue eyes and that is a good combination, I bet she can attract a boy from a mile away".
There was more conversation about who they liked and when and about talking to girls when Connor said "Ian that's a good talent that you have, talking to girls. I bet that will come in handy when we are teenagers"


By the way, Isn't 9 years old a little young to be liking girls? I remember having a crush on a boy named Mike Clemens when I was in 4th grade but nothing in 3rd. They are just growing up way too fast!

1 comment:

Tara Edwards said...

Parker has a million girl friends but as far as I know, he doesn't have a "girl friend". I'm dreading the day. Maybe I should start spying on him at recess.