Wednesday, December 19, 2007

book club


Tonight my book club met at Chris's house to discuss "The Ultimate Gift" and have our annual Christmas ornimant exchange. I think everyone enjoyed the message of the book but I was the only one with critisim on the book. Essentally I wanted more. I liked the message but I wanted the relationships more developed. The book was from the point of view of the lawyer and I wanted it to be from the young man on the journey. I wanted to be more emotionally connected to him-that was my only complaint. Other than that I think it was a great book with an even greater message. Just simply written. Lets face it though if it hadn't been we would not have read it anyway. We were looking for a shorter book, possibly with a Christmas theme and the title had the word "gift" in it so that is how it was chosen. It is December after all.
The orniment exchange was a blast as usual and I ended up with a beautiful glass santa.

No comments: