Monday, December 3, 2007

bad day (for everyone, except maybe Terry)

This is Daniel Powter. He sings the song bad day and my kids really love it. It seamed fitting for our day and after I listened to it I kind of felt better. I tried to link his video but no luck.

I had just gotten Ian and Sarah off in there car pool and made myself a cup of coffee and settled down to read the Sunday paper before I had to take Emily to school when my cell phone rang. On the front of the phone and it said that it was my friend Aideen calling and I wondered why she would be calling me this early in the morning.
Turns out it she was calling to see if I was still coming to the plates(sp?) class that I had signed up to do with her at 8 am and it was now 7:56. I went into panic mode, dressed Emily, dressed myself (I noticed later that I still had last nights mascara under my eyes), dropped Emily off at the front house with my mom and off I went. I was already late but there was traffic on I-5 which only made it worse. By the time I got there I was 30 min. late (and I absolutely hate to be late) and when I was doing one of the exercises she told me she could tell that I keep my stress in my neck and shoulder muscles (stress? go figure).
I was in such a rush to get out the door I had left my cell phone at home so I headed to go get it and was out the door again and on the road when I noticed that I had left the car seat in my mom's car but I was on my way and so I kept going. I wasn't even 2 more miles when my cell phone rang and it was Emily's pre-school. She was having a tough day and they wanted me to come and get her (for the record let me just say she was over what ever was bugging her when I got there and was in a perfectly good mood the rest of the day, well OK, most of the day). So I picked her up and ran my errands for the day.
When I got to the brownie meeting as I was walking down the stairs I came across Sarah crying (loudly) and speaking disrespectfully to another adult. Turns out someone cut in line in front of her and it was the end of the world. She defiantly got an ear full from me about the way she speaks to adults.
After the meeting (which went without incident for Sarah, wish I could say the same for Emily) I headed over to the school to pick up Ian from after care only to find out from the teacher that Ian also had a bad moment where he lost his temper and kicked a ball into a fort other kids were building and she gave him a lunch detention for it. Ian lost all "screen" privileges for the evening. The funny thing is, Ian's school is handing out Panther Pride slips for kids who are above and beyond behaving well and Ian got one today. I would be curious if any other kid in school has managed to get a "panther pride" slip and a lunch detention in the same day?
Boy, was I glad when it was bed time. (by the way, Sarah put herself to bed 45 min. before bed time. I guess she felt the same way I did!)

2 comments:

Tara Edwards said...

I've had those days, where you look at the clock to see if it's time to put the kids to bed, and it's like, 4:30. Don't you sometimes want to not be in charge! I'm sorry! We should go have lunch or something to get over it. Will you be at the club today!

suz said...

Yes I will and I am looking so forward to it.